2. Collection of Personal Information
2.1 The types of personal information collected and stored by GAJ might include your name, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details (to the extent permitted by the DPA and related legislation). GAJ may need to collect details of your current and previous employment history, education and training. This may include sensitive data about you.
• If you contact GAJ, GAJ may keep a record of that correspondence.
• GAJ may also ask you to complete surveys that GAJ uses for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• GAJ may retain details of your visits to its website(s) and the resources that you access.
• GAJ (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
(a) any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to GAJ to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from GAJ;
(b) any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to a GAJ website (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website throughout the world);
(c) during any transaction with us; and
(d) when you enquire about GAJ activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with your personal information.
3. Storage and Retention of your Information
3.1 GAJ will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that GAJ uses and the security policies which GAJ has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use. Where GAJ gives you a password which enables you to access certain parts of GAJ’s website(s), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
3.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although GAJ will do its best to protect your personal data, GAJ cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to its website(s); any transmission is at your own risk. Once GAJ has received your information, GAJ will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. Use of Your Information
4.1 GAJ may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
(a) administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including but not limited to any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
(b) responding to any enquiry you make;
(c) subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding GAJ’s or any third party's future services (in all formats to which you have consented e.g. post, email, text);
(d) for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the GAJ website(s) and other services and developing GAJ’s marketing plans;
• to carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between GAJ and you; and
• to notify you of changes to GAJ’s services.
If you do not want GAJ to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which GAJ collects your data.
4.2 GAJ may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) to prospective employers with your consent and as follows:
(a) to Perrett Laver Limited and any group member of GAJ, which means GAJ’s subsidiaries, ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
(b) in the event that GAJ sells or buys any business or assets, in which case GAJ may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• if GAJ or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
• if you have given your consent for GAJ to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
• to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by GAJ to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
• to third parties selected by GAJ as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the GAJ website(s);
• to such third parties as necessary to ensure GAJ 's compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request; and
• where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of GAJ and its customers, to any relevant authority or third party lawfully requiring GAJ to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on a GAJ website.
5. IP Addresses and Cookies
5.1 GAJ may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about GAJ’s users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
5.2 For the same reason, GAJ may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or other internet-enabled device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help GAJ to improve its website(s) and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies GAJ uses are essential for the website(s) to operate. They enable GAJ to estimate its audience size and usage pattern; to store information about your preferences, and so allow GAJ to customise its website(s) according to your individual interests; to recognise you when you return to GAJ’s website(s).
6. Third Party Websites
7.1 To access certain parts of the GAJ website(s), GAJ may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
(a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data"); and
(b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.
8. Your Rights
You have the right to ask GAJ not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. GAJ will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if GAJ intends to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms GAJ uses to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting GAJ at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Access to Information
The DPA gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 (or such other fee as may be notified from time to time) to meet GAJ’s costs in providing you with details of the information it holds about you.